1½ cups cannellini beans
2 cups broccoli, chopped into pieces and steamed until tender
½ tsp sea salt (adjust to taste)
1 clove garlic, minced
1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp fresh thyme, optional
1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp pesto of choice
1. Add the beans, broccoli, salt, garlic, lemon, thyme, and yeast (if you’re using it) to a blender.
2. Blend until you have a smooth, creamy dip. You will probably need to add about 1/2 cup of water as you blend; use your judgment for this.
3. Once the dip is smooth, scrape the bowl down.
4. Run the motor again, and drizzle in the olive oil.
5. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl.
6. If desired, top it with 1 tbsp of fresh pesto and swirl.