By Louisa Cooling
400g broccoli (including stalks)
100g courgette, thinly sliced or spiralised
Thumb-size piece of ginger, grated
Thumb-size piece of turmeric root, grated
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp coconut oil
300ml full-fat coconut milk
400ml water or stock
Salt & pepper
Olive oil to garnish
1. Melt coconut oil in large, heavy-bottomed pot over a low to medium heat.
2. Add turmeric and ginger, and cook for approximately 5 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the broccoli by cutting and separating the florets from the stalk. Roughly chop the stalks and add to the pot after the onion mix has been cooking for 5 minutes and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
4.While this is cooking, cut the florets into small pieces and add to the pot along with the courgette.
5. Fry the entire mix for another 2 minutes and then add water or stock and coconut milk. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
6. Liquidise and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.