By Inna Wearn
2 celery sticks, thickly sliced 1 onion, chopped 2 medium size carrots, halved length ways and sliced 3 garlic cloves, grated 2 bay leaves & 1 thyme sprig 1 teaspoon smoked paprika Extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp corn flour 2 tbsp tomato purée 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 1 beef stock cube, crumbled 450g stewing beef, cut into chunks 450mls hot water Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf fresh parsley to serve
1. Heat oil in large frying pan and add the beef to brown the meat.
2. Add to the slow cooker, along with celery, onion, carrots, garlic, paprika, bay leaves and thyme sprig.
3. Stir in the flour until mixed in. Then add the tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and stock cube.
4. Gradually stir in the hot water. Season to your taste.
5. Cook on low power for at least 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
6. Serve with a small baked sweet potato and sprinkle of fresh parsley – perfect comfort food!