By Inna Wearn
250g ready cooked beetroot
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Half a cup (115ml) extra virgin olive oil
6 tablespoons cacao powder
1 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups (about 300g) blanched hazelnuts, ground in a food processor
1 cup almond flour (ground almonds)
1 cup raspberries
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven at 170 degrees. Put beetroot, eggs, vanilla extract and olive oil in a powerful blender and pulse till the mixture is smooth.
2. Put cacao powder, baking powder, ground hazelnuts and almond flour in a large mixing bowl and stir in the beetroot mixture. Mix till everything is well combined.
3. Add the raspberries and sugar to the mixture and stir till combined.
4. Grease a round 18-20cm diameter baking tin with extra virgin olive oil and pour in the cake mixture. Bake for about 50-60 minutes.
5. Remove when you can put a knife into the mixture and draw it out dry without mixture stuck to it. Leave to cool, take out of the baking tin.
6. Serve with extra raspberries and coconut yogurt.