(Makes 12 )
150g rolled oats
50g dried unsweetened cranberries/ mulberries/ raisins
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2cm fresh ginger
75g coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Chop/ bash the hazelnuts and almonds and place into a large bowl with the oats, dried fruit, baking powder, ground ginger and cinnamon.
3. Remove the skin from the fresh ginger and grate. Add to the large bowl. Mix altogether until well combined.
4. Remove the stone from the dates and roughly chop them. Add them to the bowl.
5. Gently heat up the coconut oil and add the maple syrup. Mix well before adding them to the large bowl. Mix everything together well.
6. Line a 20 x 20cm baking tin with baking paper before scraping in the mixture, pressing it into the edges.
7. Bake for approximately 25-30 mins until golden brown around the edges.
Keep these in the fridge after baking so that they stay firm.