Chocolate is the ultimate comfort food, a guilty pleasure, and the good news is that the right kind of chocolate can actually be good for you…
350g dark chocolate
125g blanched almonds, toasted and chopped
100g unsweetened dried fruit (eg cranberries or mango)
pinch of sea salt
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Melt the dark chocolate by filling the bottom of a saucepan with couple of centimetres of water and bring to a simmer over a medium-high heat. Put the chocolate in a glass bowl and set over the simmering water, stirring occasionally.
3. Once melted, tip into the prepared tin and smooth with a spatula so the chocolate is evenly
4. Scatter over the remaining ingredients (you can add a pinch of dried chillies if you’re
feeling brave) and chill in the fridge until the chocolate sets (about 30 mins).
5. Peel off the parchment and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to a month (if it lasts that long!).