By Christelle Page
This cake would be great served with some almond butter or coconut yogurt and a coffee for breakfast!
4 apples, peeled and cored
2 tbsp lemon juice
150g ground almond
100g gluten-free (GF) oats
125g coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Start by peeling and removing the core of 4 apples. Place in a saucepan over medium heat with 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of coconut sugar and a bit of water.
2. Cover with the lid and stew the apples gently until soft. Adjust the water so that the apples continue to stew and do not stick to the pan. Once the apples are soft, leave them on the side to cool down.
3. Preheat the oven at 160C fan-assisted or 180C electric.
4. In a large blender/robot mixer, mix together 4 eggs with all the ground almonds, GF oats, coconut sugar, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp baking powder and mix/blend until smooth.
5. Add the cooled, stewed apples to the mixture and blend again.
6. Use some coconut oil (or olive oil) to brush the inside of your tin cake and pour the mixture in.
7. Cook in the oven at 160C fan/180C electric for 40 mins. Check with a knife that the cake is cooked in the middle.
Leave to cool down and enjoy!