Chocolate is the ultimate comfort food, a guilty pleasure, and the good news is that the right kind of chocolate can actually be good for you…
There is some brown sugar in this recipe but this is the lowest amount possible while trying to still make these cookies taste good!
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, lightly packed
66g coconut oil
ó tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
90g dark chocolate chips
Coarse sea salt
1. Blend the oats in a food processor until they resemble flour.
2. Combine the vanilla extract, egg and brown sugar in a bowl. Melt the coconut oil and let
it cool slightly before adding to the bowl. Beat everything together until just combined.
3. Stir in the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir until just combined and then fold in the
dark chocolate chips. Chill the dough for at least one hour in the fridge. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
4. Break off a little of the dough and roll into a ball. Press a few more chocolate chips in the
tops if desired. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
5. Remove from the oven and rest on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.