By Catia Soares
(Makes 3 large pancakes)
For the batter:
1 mug of buckwheat flour
4 free-range eggs
½ mug of unsweetened coconut milk
1 teaspoon of raw organic coconut oil for frying
For the sauce:
1 handful of berries
½ handful of raspberries
4 tablespoons of unsweetened soya yogurt
1 tablespoon of white tahini
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 square of 100% dark chocolate (no sugar added) - cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon of coconut flakes
½ handful of berries
4 squares of 100% dark chocolate (no added sugar)
1. Place all the ingredients for the batter in a large bowl and mix them up until the batter has a smooth consistency (not too runny, not too thick - ensure you see no clumps in the batter).
2. Set the batter aside to allow it to thicken, for about 1 minute.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan or skillet over medium heat.
4. Pour the batter onto the frying pan - ensure the batter covers the entire frying pan and cook it until bubbles form and the edges are dry, for 3-4 minutes.
5. Flip and cook until browned on the other side for 2-3 minutes more. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
6. Once the pancakes are ready and you let them aside to cool down for 2-3 minutes, place them on a chopping board and use a cookie cutter to cut the pancakes into medium and small size pancakes. The idea is to create a stack of pancakes - cut as many pancakes as you like!
7. For the sauce, place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and use a hand blender to mix everything up - you should aim for a yogurt/jam-like consistency sauce.
8. Pour the sauce on top of your pancake stack and ensure that all pancakes are covered with the sauce including the sides. Add toppings as desired. Enjoy!