Coconut oil for greasing the tin/cases
12 large free range eggs
Seasonings – this can be customised according to personal taste, but at a minimum you will require:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp turmeric
2-3 fillings – vegetarian or meat/fish of your choice:
225g onions, diced
225g mushrooms, diced
1 chilli, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
2 slices of smoked salmon/turkey breast/ chicken breast/ham etc, sliced
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Use the coconut oil to grease your muffin tins or cases. You can melt the coconut oil first if you find it easier to handle, but usually direct contact with your hands will melt the oil enough to spread.
3. Mix together your fillings in a bowl and then evenly divide between the twelve muffin cases.
4. In a jug, beat the eggs, add the seasonings and mix well.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the cases that you filled in step 3.
6. Bake for 18-20 mins checking that when a fork is pricked into the centre of the muffin it comes out clean.
7. Enjoy warm. Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge.