By Aine Boyle
1 tsp olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 garlic cloves crushed
300g mixed mushrooms (chestnut mushrooms have a lovely nutty flavour)
1 red and 1 green pepper, finely sliced
200g turkey breast sliced thinly
150ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1-2 tablespoons coconut cream, coconut yogurt or natural yogurt
100g cooked lentils
Sea salt and black pepper
Squeeze of lemon to serve
1. Gently fry onions for about 5 mins over a low heat. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for
about 1 min more. Add the turkey and cook for 3-4 minutes and remove from the pan. Keep
warm on a side plate.
2. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. This gets
rid of the water from the mushrooms.
3. Add the onions, garlic, paprika, turkey and sliced peppers back into the mushrooms and pour in
the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Add the cooked lentils to the mix. Bring to the boil, reduce
the heat to a simmer and bubble away for about 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens.
4. Remove pan off the heat.
5. Stir in the coconut cream or yogurt, squeeze of lemon, chopped herbs and check seasoning.
6. Serve as is or with cooked wholegrain brown rice.