By Aine Boyle
2-3 chicken breasts, cubed (can also use turkey)
1 tbsp gluten-free flour
1 tsp olive oil
1 leek or onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
Fresh thyme or rosemary (or use ½ tsp dried herbs)
200-300ml vegetable stock
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Wholegrain mustard
Vegetable selection: courgette, peppers, green beans etc
Chickpeas, cannellini beans, lentils etc
50ml of coconut milk or cream
Sea salt and black pepper
Filo pastry to top (about 6-8 sheets)
Preheat oven to 180C fan
1. Mix the chicken with the flour. Heat the oil in a medium sized pan over a medium heat. Shake
off excess flour and brown the chicken all over. Remove to a plate.
2. Cook the leek over a medium heat for 5 minutes and add the garlic for 1 minute. Add fresh herbs if using now. Add courgettes, peppers etc if using and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add both mustards, browned chicken and mix thoroughly. Add in the stock and stir well. Add the chickpeas, cannellini beans etc and season with black pepper.
4. Bring to a simmering heat and cook for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. Add in coconut milk and check for seasoning.
6. Spoon into a casserole dish.
7. Scrunch up sheets of the filo pastry and add to the top of the pie filling and drizzle over some
olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
8. Serve as is or with steamed greens.